The investors said the business plan pitch was the most professional and compelling presentation they had ever seen, bar none. [Catalyst Strategies’ work helped the team] confidently summarize the opportunity and close the funding in record time.
Board Member, ISR
Your next series of fundraising is around the corner and you don’t have a written business plan or pitch. You need to step back, think strategically, and get the executive team aligned. But that’s akin to changing a tire on a moving automobile.
Get It Down on Paper
Catalyst Strategies has a solid track record of preparing early stage companies for successful fundraising efforts. We work quickly and collaboratively with executive teams to frame the market situation, identify target customer segments, clarify the company’s competitive advantage, and define the business model. We crystallize go-to-market strategies, key initiatives, and develop multi-year financial plans. These are all packaged into hard-hitting, concise presentations designed to attract investors and tell a clear and compelling story.
Our business planning approach incorporates:
- Market insights (e.g., customer, competition, and channel)
- Formal initiative prioritization criteria
- Proving the concept quickly (e.g., beachhead accounts and consumer adoption)
- Understanding of start-up realities (e.g., cash flow and bandwidth)
- Collaboration with client team to ensure buy in and ownership
Core Business Plan Components
We develop integrated and succinct business plans that map out business opportunities, incorporating:
- Market overview and landscape – Market description, needs and sizing; customer segmentation; customer needs assessment; competitor map and evaluation; industry trends; and key factors for success
- Business vision
- Company strategy
- Key operating initiatives
- High-level business and product and/or service road maps and milestones
- Go-to-Market strategy, such as brand positioning, sales and channel strategy, and demand generation and retention strategies
- Company financial model, including business model, pricing, operating and organizational resources, revenue and cost modeling, and sources and uses of funds
- Business risks and mitigation plans
- Management team (profiles and competencies)
It is critical for an early stage team to own the business plan and resulting pitch. We approach business planning through a series of workshops where we integrate team assignments and assign ownership. This collaborative approach is essential for getting complete buy-in on strategy and for delivering a successful fundraising presentation.
Our business plans deliver more than just funding—they also align the team and the board on a clear strategy, thereby enabling the business to be highly productive in the early stage period.
Call us to quickly raise the funds you need and guarantee team alignment.